Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged, but since it's a new year I think it's time to start anew and make a conscious effort to blog on a regular basis. So, I'll start with my resolutions for the year.

1. Blog at least once a week.
-I (we) have been really bad about blogging. The thing is that I don't really feel like we do enough on a regular basis to blog daily, but we could do a blog a week.

2. Get healthy.
-This is more than just "lose weight" or "exercise". This is all of the above. Lose weight, exercise, change the way I eat and what I eat, take my vitamins, get enough sleep, and so on. I'm going to be 30 this year and I want to make sure that I start the next decade of my life off right.

3. Practice yoga at home.
-I take a yoga class once a week and I love it, but I think I've only actually done yoga in the house once. I really need to change this (part of the whole getting healthy thing) because yoga is just so good for me in so many ways. I have a couple of yoga DVDs and the WiiFit. I just need to use them. Also, my yoga instructor is offering a workshop in a few weeks all about how home practice and I think I'm going to go and see what she has to say about that.

4. Come up with and use a chore chart.
-I have a tendency to let certain chores go far as long as I can stand and then I spend a whole day cleaning. I really need to get in the habit (and get Joe in the habit too) of doing things on a regular basis so we don't have to scramble to clean the house if people are coming over and so I don't get so fed up with how things are that I spend the day cleaning like a mad woman.

5. Finish the "Year of the House" list.
-We're close, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades so there's a lot to be done. I'm looking forward to our house being done.

I think that's enough for now. And I think all of these resolutions are things that I can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment