Friday, February 18, 2011

Resolutions Recap

Ok, so things haven't been going so well with keeping up the resoultions. Part of the problem is that I sit in front of a computer all day so I don't really want to sit in front of one again when I get home. Lousy excuse, I know. So if you'll recall, these are our (my) resolutions for 2011:

1. Blog at least once a week.
2. Get healthy.
3. Practice yoga at home.
4. Come up with and use a chore chart.
5. Finish the "Year of the House" list.

Results:

1. So, as previously mentioned, resolution 1 is not going so well. I think I'm going to have to start finding a few minutes to blog at work if I want to keep up with this one.

2. This is going well. I've definitely been eating healthier since the year started. Less pizza and Chinese, more cooking at home. I've also started working out a couple of times a week. I'm in the process of getting signed up with a personal trainer and I'm really looking forward to that because I definitely need to get in some strength training. I'm also signing up for the Komen 5K in June.

3. I took that "growing your home practice" workshop and so far, I've only done yoga at home once since then. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow morning so as to get in some home practice for this week. I need to increase this. Even if I do 10 minutes a day at home, it would be better than nothing.

4. I have neithe come up with nor used a chore chart. This needs to happen though. We've been really busy and this would be a good way to keep ourselves on track with keeping the house clean.

5. We're doing decently on the House list. We have painted the office! The only problem is that the previous owners either didn't know about or chose not to use painters tape when they painted so we have to touch up around the ceiling and baseboards. The next project is going to be to organize the basement storage area. There will be new storage shelving involved. There will be some throwing away and donating involved. There will also be some gathering of items for a yard sale involved.

All in all, not a total fail, but we're not doing great either.

No comments:

Post a Comment