Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Finds

I spent Saturday morning yard saling with my Mom.  She's a very saavy yard sale shopper and I often ask her opinion on prices.  This past Saturday was this huge, local community yard sale that happens twice a year.  Everyone in the area seems to have caught on though because I have never been to so many yard sales in one day.  My Mom picked me up at 7 am and we headed directly to the community sale.  I didn't have as much luck as my Mom (she scored a brand new Craftsman buffer for my brother for $8 along with numerous other items), but I did get a J Crew shirt for $1 and well as this Norman Rockwell Baseball poster for our basement:


I like the frame, but I have another plan for it.  I think I'm just going to take the poster out of the frame and attach it to the wall with some command strips.  I also scored a brand new Restoration Hardware photo snowglobe for $3 - originally $29.  From there we hopped in the car and started hitting the neighborhoods in the surrounding area.

At one sale, I got a good sized mason jar, a glass that matches the set my parents' have at their house, and this pretty blue pitcher for $1 TOTAL:



I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with it YET, but I loved the color and just couldn't pass it up.  At another sale, my Mom and I worked a bargain and got a console table for her friend's sister and this plant stand for $10 total:



I also got a Craftsman staple gun with a couple boxes of saples for $5 (a bit overpriced, but oh well) a popcorn bowl for Joe for 50 cents, and then I scored another combo deal and got a full length mirror for the guest room and a Nationals pennant for Joe for $1.  The frame around the mirror is a little thinner than I would have liked, but I couldn't pass it up for that price.  I'm planning to paint the frame as well as a lamp for the guest room a really pretty deep blue color.

Later than day, Joe and I ran to Lowe's and finally bought a weed wacker/edger and a leaf blower/vacuum.  Yup, we're getting real with the yard work.  That's a good thing because our backyard needs a ton of work.  Or we need to win the lottery so we can hire someone to fix it up.  Sunday, we ran more errands and I worked a Home Goods run in somehow.  Go me!  I got the cutest little wrought iron bird.  Here he is on top of the box for the RH snow globe:


And here he is in his home in our foyer:


Fittingly, he's sitting on top of a vintage book on bird watching that I got from a barn sale a few months ago.  Speaking on the barn sale, I just saw on Facebook that they're having another sale this weekend!  I hope I can work my way up there.  They're not exactly close by, but I just love digging through all the treasure they've collected.  Anyways, all in all, it was a pretty nice weekend.  Now, if I could just find a way to have longer weekends, but still make the same amount of money.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment